{short description of image}  

A brick cover over Uleg Bek's observatory meridian sextant. The observatory was built in 1449. It was desroyed and burried and only discovered in 1909 by Russian archeologistss. The original building was three stories. This arched roof cover and the entrance arch were built in 1914 to protect the sextant which is now under ground.


Return to Xenophon. Return to Ruscity. Return to Rushistory. Return to Ukraine.