1. Which of the following is not an aim of
-----conceal friendly troops from all types of enemy reconnaissance
----- deceive the enemy about troops groupings, intentions, and activities
----- disrupt enemy rear service operations
----- hamper the enemy in his selection of objectives for destruction by fire
and air strikes
2. Which of the following is not a principle of maskirovka?
3. Which of the following is not a basic measure for maskirovka?
----- Use of camouflage properties (characteristics) of the terrain, of
darkness and other conditions of limited visibility (fog, rain, etc.)
----- distribution of false documents
----- signal security and deception, sound masking, blacking out, and radar
----- secrecy in executing engineer work
----- use of smoke screens
4. Which of the following is not a consideration in use of terrain for
----- use of terrain is the simplest and most accessible method
----- the most ideal terrain for concealment is broken and closed with
vegetation and/ or man made structures. (protection against visual, radar, and
-----terrain which is open, level, single tone, and devoid of vegetation and/
or man made structures is ideal with little further enhancement
----- evergreen forests offer the most protection
----- use of improvised natural vegetation e.g. freshly cut branches, leaves,
grass, reeds, moss, dirt, snow, etc
5. Which of the following is not a purpose for using smoke screens?
----- deceive the enemy
----- protect against thermal radiation of nuclear bursts
----- degrade the effectiveness of ATGM and laser guided munition
----- interfer with infrared, TV, might vision and radar reconnaissance
----- protect troops from ultraviolet radiation
6. Which of the following is not a typical means for producing smoke:
----- hand and rifle grenades, pots, drums, barrels, generators
----- mines and aerial bombs
----- forest fires
----- arty and mortar shells
----- motor vehicles, APC/BMP and tank dispensers
7. Which of the following is not a type of smoke screen?
8. Which of the following is not a requirement for dummy equipment?
----- right size and dimension
----- must be employed in areas where placement of equipment is tactically
----- areas where dummy equipment is placed must be devoid of actual or
simulated activity characteristic of operational equipment
----- decoys must be camouflaged well enough to conceal defects in construction
but not well enough to prevent enemy detection
9. Which of the following is not a part of sound masking?
----- concealing give-away noises with sound curtain
----- deceiving the enemy by imitating the sound of motors in areas which are
not occupied by the troops
----- turning on the engines of vehicles in areas where troops are positioned
----- observing acoustic discipline when issuing commands vocally and during
10. Which of the following is not a part of light masking?
----- extinguishing (dimming) illumination devices on vehicles when travelling
----- using moonlight to conceal the movement of troops
----- dimming the working quarters at the CPs
----- positioning artillery behind shelters which conceal the glow of the
flashes when shooting
----- separating workshops which use illumination devices from troop deployment
11. Which of the following is not a consideration in radar camouflage?
----- using mock-ups which imitate various forms of equipment
----- executing artillery fire missions from temporary positions when necessary
----- conducting artillery fire with extensive prior ranging
----- using roving guns and tanks to create dummy fire positions
12. Which of the following is not a part of the commander's instructions on
----- aim, tasks, and measures of maskirovka
----- forces and means to be used
----- place and deadlines for executing maskirovka
----- the procedure for detecting enemy maskirovka
----- individuals responsible for maskirovka measures
Mark the following statements as true or
1. Dazzle paint distorts the external appearance and noticeability of an
2. Signal deception does not require detection and elimination of typical
reconnaissance tell-tale signs in the work of friendly radio equipment
3. It is believed that properly used, troops wearing coveralls can not be seen
with the naked eye at a distance of more than 20 - 30 meters
4. The area covered by smoke should be 50 times greater than the covered object
which should not be located in the center of the smoke-screen.
5. Paint is an effective means for camouflage
6. Reflexive control is a Soviet technique to influence an opponent's decision
7. Specialized camouflage sets are used to conceal specific objects (camouflage
fringe, camouflage net over dug-in tank etc.)
8. Use of paint is based on the artistic talent available to the commander
9. MKT series covers take 5 - 10 hours to erect in daytime and up to twice that
long at night.
10. Single color paint is effective in the jungle.
11. Decoys must be camouflaged well enough to conceal defects in construction
but not well enough to prevent enemy detection
12. Blinding smoke screens are used against enemy observation posts and firing
positions. It can decrease to effectiveness of fire about 10 times and can
reduce the casualties up to 90%
13. Coveralls also reduce infrared detectibility
14. Types of covers include general purpose, horizontal camouflage, specialized
sets, and vertical camouflage.
15. Signal security requires maintaining in time of necessity, complete radio
16. Dummy radio traffic is employed as part of signal security
17. Sound curtains are established by delivering artillery fire, by flying
aircraft at low altitudes, by running powerful motors without mufflers and with
18. To enhance radar camouflage units and equipment should be positioned in
shelters, covers and behind local objects which reflect radar beams
19. Corner reflectors are effective means for accoustic camouflage
20. Units should never travel along routes which are closed off to the enemy by